I wanted a low maintenance activity to keep kids productively busy and relatively quiet. It totally fulfilled the promise, but the side effect was that I, too, got addicted!
- share the contents of your bead tub with friends or your kids’ daycare — one tub goes a long way!
- get a set with a couple of simple but interesting shapes (a heart or a flower)
- search online for patterns to reproduce, then go crazy with your own ideas
- buy elaborate templates with directions to recreate — chances are, the kids will want to make up something from scratch
- heat up your iron too much — you might damage the peg boards!
I’ve seen fusible beads in every daycare and after school care that my kids have attended. Do you or your kids play with fusible beads, too?